By Anya Peterson Royce
Read Online or Download Anthropology of the Performing Arts: Artistry, Virtuosity, and Interpretation in Cross-Cultural Perspective PDF
Similar dance books
At eighty-seven, Patricia Wilde continues to be a grande dame of the ballet international. As a tender celebrity she toured the USA within the corporation of the Ballet Russe. In her heyday within the Nineteen Fifties and ’60s, she used to be a first-generation member and crucial dancer of latest York urban Ballet throughout the uniquely dramatic Balanchine era—the golden age of the corporate and its highly talented, influential, exploitative, and dictatorial director.
Martha Graham’s identify was once the world over famous as a part of the fashionable dance international, and even though traits in choreography proceed to alter, her impact on dance as an artwork shape endures. during this, the 1st prolonged feminist examine the fashionable dance pioneer, Victoria Thoms explores the cult of Graham and her dancing via a severe lens that exposes the gendered that means in the back of a lot of her paintings.
Instructing Dance reviews is a pragmatic consultant, written by means of collage professors and dancers/choreographers energetic within the box, introducing key concerns in dance pedagogy. Many children graduating from universities with levels – both PhDs or MFAs – wish to educate dance, both in collage settings or at neighborhood dance colleges.
Writer and cultural historian Sara Ann Harris spent years as an observer within the Isleños neighborhood of reduce St. Bernard parish in Louisiana sooner than finding out to record this remarkable tradition that has withstood the encroaches of different nationalities and the ravages of time. Her descriptions of the dance halls that shape a cornerstone of the cultural id of a vanishing humans is an engaging glimpse into one of many best-preserved immigrant cultures within the usa.
- Antonio Triana and the Spanish Dance: A Personal Recollection (Choreography and Dance Studies Series)
- Martha Graham: A special issue of the journal Choreography and Dance (Choreography and Dance: An International Journal, Vol 5 Part 2)
- Directing the Dance Legacy of Doris Humphrey: The Creative Impulse of Reconstruction (Studies in Dance History)
- Danses et concepts en Océanie (Portes océanes) (French Edition)
Additional resources for Anthropology of the Performing Arts: Artistry, Virtuosity, and Interpretation in Cross-Cultural Perspective
- Nitrogen Deposition, Critical Loads and Biodiversity by Mark A. Sutton,Kate E. Mason,Lucy J. Sheppard,Harald
- Peirce's Theory of Signs by T. L. Short