By Rita Vega de Triana
Read or Download Antonio Triana and the Spanish Dance: A Personal Recollection (Choreography and Dance Studies Series) PDF
Similar dance books
At eighty-seven, Patricia Wilde is still a grande dame of the ballet global. As a tender big name she toured the USA within the corporation of the Ballet Russe. In her heyday within the Nineteen Fifties and ’60s, she was once a first-generation member and important dancer of latest York urban Ballet in the course of the uniquely dramatic Balanchine era—the golden age of the corporate and its highly proficient, influential, exploitative, and dictatorial director.
Martha Graham’s identify was once the world over famous as a part of the fashionable dance international, and notwithstanding tendencies in choreography proceed to alter, her effect on dance as an artwork shape endures. during this, the 1st prolonged feminist examine the fashionable dance pioneer, Victoria Thoms explores the cult of Graham and her dancing via a serious lens that exposes the gendered that means in the back of a lot of her paintings.
Educating Dance stories is a pragmatic advisor, written by way of university professors and dancers/choreographers lively within the box, introducing key concerns in dance pedagogy. Many teenagers graduating from universities with levels – both PhDs or MFAs – wish to educate dance, both in collage settings or at neighborhood dance colleges.
Writer and cultural historian Sara Ann Harris spent years as an observer within the Isleños neighborhood of reduce St. Bernard parish in Louisiana sooner than figuring out to rfile this striking tradition that has withstood the encroaches of alternative nationalities and the ravages of time. Her descriptions of the dance halls that shape a cornerstone of the cultural identification of a vanishing humans is an engaging glimpse into one of many best-preserved immigrant cultures within the usa.
- Dynamic Alignment Through Imagery: Second Edition
- The Unity of Music and Dance in World Cultures
- The Aging Body in Dance: A cross-cultural perspective
- First We Take Manhattan: Four American Women and the New York School of Dance Criticism (Choreography and Dance Studies Series)
- The Choreographic (MIT Press)
- Striptease: The Untold History of the Girlie Show
Additional info for Antonio Triana and the Spanish Dance: A Personal Recollection (Choreography and Dance Studies Series)
- Disruptive Technologies: Understand, Evaluate, Respond by Paul Armstrong
- Strengths-Based Leadership Handbook by Pernille Hippe Brun,David Cooperrider,Mikkel Ejsing,Jens